We began as Brisbane Western-Districts in 1962, changed our name to Brisbane Oxley-Corinda when the Brisbane Sherwood club was chartered in 1973, and to our present Brisbane Oxley-Sherwood in 1988 when the Sherwood and Oxley-Corinda clubs merged.
These pages are an extraction from our 40th anniversary publication in 2002.
- 1962-1968 - Brisbane Western Districts
- 1968-1973 - Brisbane Western Districts
- 1973-1978 - Brisbane Western Districts / Brisbane Oxley-Corinda
- 1973-1978 - Brisbane Sherwood
- 1978-1983 - Brisbane Oxley-Corinda
- 1978-1983 - Brisbane Sherwood
- 1983-1988 - Brisbane Oxley-Corinda
- 1983-1988 - Brisbane Sherwood
- 1988-1993 - Brisbane Oxley-Sherwood
- 1993-1998 - Brisbane Oxley-Sherwood
Lions Clubs are part of community life, in the cities and in the country. Clubs are easily identified by their distinctive Logo, the trademark of our International Association, and the 'We Serve'; motto.
Lions Australia is part of an international association, filled with people who are joined by the common desire to make their communities better, by using their creativity, enthusiasm and energy.
Membership is open to all people of the community in good standing.
Our club was formed in 1962 as the Brisbane Western Districts Lions Club to meet the needs of the western suburbs of Brisbane. Since then the population has grown, and other Lions clubs have been formed, so we are now the Brisbane Oxley-Sherwood Lions, serving the community in the suburbs from Chelmer to Oxley.
We have a dinner meeting at the Blue Fin Fishing Club, 24 Lilac Street, Darra on the 2nd & 4th Tuesday of each month, 6:30pm for 7:00pm start. A little business and lots of fellowship, visitors welcome.